You may know Courtney Robertson best from Ben Flajnik’s season of the ABC reality show The Bachelor, which she won. Robertson, as the title of her book I Didn’t Come Here to Make Friends suggests, left with a ring but not a lot of relationships with her fellow contestants. That said, she did learn a thing or two about the ins and outs of reality TV. Here, in celebration of the paperback release of her book, Robertson gives the ladies of this season some of her hard-earned wisdom.
1. Watch your alcohol intake. User discretion is advised.
2. Don’t forget to eat. Bring a snack or energy bar on dates—the days are long. We all know drinking on an empty stomach is a recipe for disaster, so eat accordingly.
3. You never see contestants wearing purses right? Always keep a tiny bag with you for quick touch ups (e.g.: lip gloss, oil-blotting sheets, concealer, and gum in case the Bachelor goes in for a kiss).
4. Try to keep a smile on—the cameras are always rolling. One small sigh or eye roll can and probably will be used against you.
5. Criers and hot tubbers: Bring your waterproof mascara.
6. You don’t have to answer every question you get asked.
7. Have fun, fun, fun! Dating a man who’s dating 20 other women can be stressful. Obviously, take things seriously, but try not to take yourself too seriously. Hey, maybe you leave your bikini at home?
A model and actress, Courtney Robertson has appeared in numerous print, runway, and television campaigns and in the pages of Vogue, Self, InStyle, and Fitness magazines. She lives in Santa Monica, California. She appeared on season 16 of The Bachelor. I Didn’t Come Here to Make Friends is her first book.