1. “The Monster at the End of This Book” is one of our favorite Little Golden Book classics from childhood. That’s why we were so thoroughly tickled when Grover himself took to Twitter to relive the spine-tingling suspense of that awesome book.
2. Looking for a new book for the kid in your life? You can’t go wrong with an award winner! This week, writer and illustrator Jon Klassen won the 2013 Caldecott Medal for his illustrated book “This Is Not My Hat.” And Katherine Applegate received the 2013 Newbery Medal for “The One and Only Ivan.”
3. If you were to make a perfume for your favorite author, which scents would you include? Vanilla? Sandalwood? Tobacco? Check out what perfumes Dorothy Parker, Edgar Allen Poe and other writers might smell like.
5. We here at Bookish HQ firmly believe in the power of books to change lives, but can reading fiction actually make you a better person? A team of scientists say that “getting lost in a book” can make you a more empathetic person.
7. Simon & Schuster has announced the winner to their “Fahrenheit 451” cover design contest. We love the winning entry’s bold design and provocative concept. The cover will appear on the 60th anniversary edition of the Ray Bradbury classic.