1. A film adaptation of Orson Scott Card’s classic sci-fi novel “Ender’s Game” is set to hit the silver screen late next year. Entertainment Weekly delivers the first official look at the film. It’s a tense face-off between Harrison Ford (Colonel Graff) and Asa Butterfield (Ender). Head on over to EW get the scoop on what life was like on the set of the film.
2. It’s that time of year again, when publications release their “best of” lists. Over 1 million users voted in the 2012 GoodReads Choice Awards. J.K. Rowling’s “The Casual Vacancy” took home the top prize in fiction. And John Green’s “The Fault in Our Stars” was picked as best fiction novel by TIME.
3. “Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house…” Almost all of us are familiar with this classic Christmas tale. But you’ll never think of it the same way again once you hear Tracy Morgan Tracy-Morgan all over it.
4. Speaking of having a literary Christmas, Book Riot delivers “The Best Bookish Christmas Cards to Buy,” so send season’s greetings bibliophile style!
6. Our friends over at Flavorwire have found the “15 Sexiest Book Covers of All Time.” We’re not sure if a man trying to stab a shark is particularly sexy, but scroll through the slideshow for a few laughs and thrills. Careful, some of these covers are NSFW.
7. These days we revere great writers like Ernest Hemingway, Herman Melville and Vladimir Nabokov, but they weren’t so well-regarded in their time. A critic at The Criterion once said of Walt Whitman’s “Leaves of Grass,” “it is impossible to imagine how any man’s fancy could have conceived such a mass of stupid filth, unless he were possessed of the soul of a sentimental donkey that had died of disappointed love.” Harsh! See more brutal takedowns of classic writers over at HuffPost.