1. You guys, the Internet is full of wondrous things. And this bookcase must be a product of it. Check out this item that combines the Internet’s two loves: cats and fancy bookshelves.
2. Double-wide trailer news this week! Book Riot has the scoop on an adorable new kid’s book. After 32 years, Salman Rushdie’s “Midnight’s Children” has finally been made into a movie. And “The Onion” provides a satirical twist on book trailers, with a hilarious infomercial on the fake “Book Bjorn.”
3. The LA Times asked authors and cultural critics which books Obama and Romney should be reading. Sherman Alexie recommends Ralph Ellison’s “Invisible Man” to Romney, and “The Talented Mr. Ripley” by Patricia Highsmith to the President.
4. Sadly, no matter how much you wish it to be, you did not graduate from the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But you can act like you’re an alumnus of the House of Gryffindor while sipping from this amazing “Harry Potter” based tea set. Accio, teapot!
5. “Butterflies in the sky, I can fly twice as high!”
— LeVar Burton (@levarburton) October 22, 2012
6. Get into the Halloween spirit with these “10 Novels That Are Scarier Than Most Horror Movies” from our pals over at io9.
7. A Tumblr genius has created clever book summations in the style of old-school AIM away messages. BRB while we click through all of them and LOL!
8. Remember how much fun coloring use to be when you were a kid? Just because you’re a grown-up shouldn’t get to show off your mad “stay-inside-the-line” skills. Luckily, a “Coloring for Grown-Ups” adult activity book is on its way.
Image via DesignRulz